The FortiWLM 100D is intended for small businesses, while the FortiWLM 1000D is intended for medium to large businesses. The FortiWLM-VM is a virtual management platform that supports up to 200 controllers and 15,000 access points. The VM also includes a 30-day trial license for 50 aps, allowing for quick onsite trials and demonstrations. Fortinet also includes (at no extra cost) the following applications for up to 50 aps, with licenses to enable more APs as needed, with all FortiWLM Wireless Manager appliances:
- Network Manager — Provides wireless performance dashboards, RF visualization, centralized monitoring, configuration, fault management, visibility over long-term trends, and centralized reporting.
- Spectrum Manager — Detects and identifies both wifi and non-WiFi interference on all channels all the time.
- Service Assurance Manager — Delivers end-to-end service assurance for the network and its applications.
- Wireless Intrusion Prevention System (WIPS) — Detects wireless intrusions using predefined and custom signatures on an integrated platform with other WLAN management applications, PCI 3.0 Compliance reporting. Data Security Standard and Payment Application Data Security Standard now supported up to the latest release.
- Maximum Number of Infrastructure Controllers Supported: 200
- Maximum Number of Infrastructure Access Points Supported: 15,000
- Maximum Number of Stations Supported: 75,000